ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: import task from a resource
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:40:48 GMT
> From: Mariano Benitez [mailto:mariano@fuegolabs.com]
>
> In order to solve a problem related to classloaders, I need to bundle an
> include file (include.xml) so I can define the task in a classpath
> different from the antlib classpath.
>
> At this moment the only way is to put the file in the FS, but it would
> be very convenient to obtain that import from a resource in the antlib
> jar.
>
> I can implement this and provide the patch, is this valid or am I
> talking nonsense.

This was considered during the discussions on <import>,
but didn't make it, I don't recall why. Maybe had to do with
keeping <import> simple, and problems extracting the basedir
of the imported file!?

You can always <get> the URL before <import>. Oops, you need a
custom resource: protocol handler for that... I posted one, but
it requires additional setup so the JVM knows about it.

You can always write a little <script> to dump the URL on disk
before the <import> still. --DD