ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: <macro> and XML NS hell ;-)
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:42:29 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
> >I see this is a two liner, that even puts back in commented out code...
> >What's the problem with checking it in?
> >When Ant 1.6.2 being built with it ;-)
> >
> It was discussed for ant 1.6.0, but was voted down:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=106848848930806&w=2
>
> (option c).

Well, doesn't my use case, very valid IMHO, clearly shows that it is indeed
necessary?

I don't really care what the XML rules are myself, as long as the use cases
I bring forward can be used/implemented.

Given the new light my use of <macrodef> has brought up, which again should
work IMHO, I'm asking for a re-vote, or an alternative solution to enable
that use case. --DD