ant-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Peer <j.p...@gmx.net>
Subject possible patch for FTP task
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:25:40 GMT
dear Ant developers,

today i tried the FTP task and I ran into the problem that my FTP server
(runs on windows) resetted the connections quite frequently (i've used
the most recent versions of ant and commons-net), resulting in an abort
of the FTP task and build failure.

Therefore, i slightly adjusted the sourcecode of
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.net.FTP to re-connect to the
server in case of an error, just like many of the GUI based FTP clients
do (e.g. SmartFTP).

I have added an attribute "maxAttempts" to define how often the FTP task
should re-connect/retry before it gives up (default value is 1, to
ratain un-patched behavior).

pls. let me know if you think that this patch could be helpful and where
i should send it to,

kind regards,
Joe Peer