ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Project description includes target descriptions
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 05:35:10 GMT
There has been a thread on the Ant user group concerning the
<description> element that really should be addressed in this list.

In Ant 1.6.x, oata.types.Description explicity checks all Targets in a
project for a <description> element and adds those descriptions to the
Project description. I posted bug 27722, which contains a couple of
patches that to me at least, do what I'd expect the <description>
element to do. Instead of adding the descriptions for all targets to the
Project description, the patch for Description only adds the description
element from the implicit target. The patch for Target appends the text
of any child <description> to the text of any description set for that
Target with the 'description' attribute.

This seems to be in keeping with the API docs for Target.

Thanks for looking into this.

Dale