ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: encoding stuff
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:08:21 GMT
Hi Matt,

Just this past week I ran into a problem using slightly different jdk
versions on Solaris. One had the default character encoding as
ISO-8859-1, the other had ISO-656-1. That was enough to break things for
me. My solution was to use a Writer/OutputStream that allowed me to set
the encoding type. It seems to me that jdk 1.2 used 8859-1 by default
and it wasn't possible to change the encoding. With jdk 1.4, there are a
number of the java.net and java.io classes that let you specify the
encoding.

Hope this helps!

Dale