ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Smith" <rsm...@comnitel.com>
Subject Code and docs for RemoteAnt
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:23:14 GMT

Hi all,

Here is the code and a bit of documentation for RemoteAnt. Please let me
know if you have any questions or comments.

Sorry about the raw attachments, the mail list wouldn't allow a zip file.
You'll have to recreate the package structure to get a build.

Many thanks,

Robert

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Smith [mailto:rsmith@comnitel.com]
Sent: 08 March 2004 20:30
To: 'dev@ant.apache.org'
Subject: Any interest in a remote Ant server?

Hi all,

I've written an add-on for Ant that allows for remote builds. It consists of
an RMI based server application and a handful of custom Ant tasks on the
client side. My motivation for this was to allow C/C++ code to be built on
remote machines for multiple architectures from the comfort of the
developer's Eclipse IDE on Windows. I tried Rant, but found it too limiting,
so I've done my own version, complete with file transfers and synchronous
logging (which took some work to make it all serialize/deserialize properly
across RMI!)

<snip>