ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject RE: <depends/> and no-op output
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:57:35 GMT
--- Jose Alberto Fernandez <>
> > From: Matt Benson []
> > Since the current behavior does not really qualify
> as
> > a bug, it is not safe to assume that a change to
> the
> > default behavior of a task would not break
> someone's
> > build.
> OK, why would a change in an output message would
> break
> anyones build. We do change things when spellings
> are incorrect.

point taken, however I was thinking along the lines of
parsing log output and how a simple change to the
output of a task could break, for example, an Ant test

> I would suggest just logging this message as debug
> when changes = 0.

I agree that would have made more sense from the
beginning, not to disparage anyone however since I
probably wouldn't have thought of it either.

> Maybe I am wrong, but I would like to see a
> meaningful example.

Maybe not one other than the fact that we don't know
how people use log output.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: