ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: <depends/> and no-op output
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:56:18 GMT
--- Rob Oxspring <> wrote:
> One of my (very few) pet hates with ant is that the
> depends task
> displays something when it performs a no-op.  This
> I was wondering if there was any point in preparing
> a patch to not
> output/log if 0 files have been deleted.  The patch
> / change would be
> laughably small but I'm not 100% that it'll sit well
> with everyone as
> depends feels like its been around for a few
> releases now and this would
> be a change to the output.  I could complicate the
> patch by making it
> configurable (lognoop="no"??) if that makes people

Since the current behavior does not really qualify as
a bug, it is not safe to assume that a change to the
default behavior of a task would not break someone's
build.  So supporting this behavior using a lognoop
attribute (default true) via "public void
setLognoop(boolean lognoop) {...}" would be A Good
Thing.  If you want to prepare the patch and create an
RFE in Bugzilla someone will probably commit it.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message