ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: New Ant Wiki
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:55:45 GMT
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:19:25 -0600, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com>
wrote:

> This is rather vague, as to why this was done Conor...

The Apache infrastructure team decided that the existing Wiki had
deficiencies that require it to be replaced with a Moin Moin based Wiki.
The new Wiki is a per-projet Wiki farm. All changes to the Wiki are
emailed to the Ant CVS list. This satisfies the requirement that all
content on the Apache web sites must be under active oversight of a PMC.
The new Wiki is also served from the main Apache server rather than
Nagoya. The intention is that the original Wiki will eventually be
decommissioned. Rather than putting off the transition until it is forced
upon us, I thought it would be wise to get things setup and in sync sooner.

I did mention this previously
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=107364446005426&w=2

> Also, stuff I had contributed in NewAntFeaturesInDetail/Import seems to
> have
> been lost. By accident? --DD

I hope not - the content should still be on the old Wiki - that is
unaffected. As I said, the new Wiki has a somewhat stale snapshot of the
old Wiki, which we need to bring into sync. Once we are happy with things,
we need to update the link on the Ant home page to point to the new Wiki
and then point each page of the old Wiki to it's corresponding page on the
new Wiki.

If you still have any issues with this, let me know.

Conor