ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Authors tag
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:53:44 GMT
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 00:25:25 -0700, Jack J. Woehr <jax@purematrix.com>
wrote:

>> > When's the IPO?
>>
>> What means IPO?
>
> Initial Public Offering when a private entity becomes a public
> corporation.
> I was teasing you all about the increasing legalism pervading Apache.
> It's already got Theo de Raadt swearing he's going to pull Apache
> out of the OpenBSD source tree.

:-)

Unfortunately it is a consequence of what is happening in the world at
large. Things such as the SCO lawsuit. I think everyone is dotting their
legal i's these days.

We need to decide how we handle the author tags issue in the Ant project.
We need a mechanism to credit people's contributions appropriately. The
board suggests a CHANGES file. My preference would be to create a
CONTRIBUTORS file listing names only, due to worms and spam (an
interesting image to play with).

My preference would be to remove them in one fell swoop rather than
piecemeal as we change files.

Conor