ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: notes on embedding ANT
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:52:32 GMT
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Paul F. Williams <paul128@verizon.net> wrote:

> 1) I had to duplicate much of the functionality of the Main.runBuild
> method.

We are aware of this to a certain degree, do you have any concrete
ideas on refactoring it?

> 4) It would be nice if org.apache.tools.ant.helper.ProjectHelper2
> were friendly to InputStreams.

[SNIP]

> One potential pitfall I see is ProjectHelper2 line 199:
>
>         inputSource.setSystemId(uri);
>
> If the helper gets an InputStream, it will not have a URI.  I did
> not set the URI, and it worked ok for me, but I don't know all the
> ramifications.

So you probably didn't use system entities or a DTD, this is where the
systemId is needed.

> Do these suggestions sound reasonable?

I think so.

> If so, how might this pitiful wretch of a newbie contribute?

8-)

By suggesting concrete enhancements, proposing them on the list,
potentially attaching them to a bugzilla report so that they don't get
lost.  By nagging and nagging and nagging as you need to raise
interest with at least one committer to get your enhancement into Ant.

Stefan