ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 2.0
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 15:34:44 GMT
On Sun, 08 Feb 2004, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:

> One thing that was voted on (positively, I recall), way  way back in
> time, was for Ant2.0 to fail on undefined properties.

Although I've never looked into it, can't you already have it with a
custom PropertyHelper?  If you can ensure that your custom property
helper is the last one that gets called - and that it never gets
called for know properties - you should be there.

Provide this property helper and maybe add a new command line switch
as syntactic sugar, done.

> 3. But there would be a non-throwing expansion method for code that
> explicitly wanted to not fail on missing strings in their .

The PropertyHelper could deal with it.

Stefan