ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: upgrade to License 2.0 on head
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:59:36 GMT
I've checked just a single file - Main.java and it only contained a
copyright notice for 2004, you may want to check the script again.

Also, do we need a NOTICE file so we regain the brand protection of

 * 4. The names "Ant" and  "Apache Software Foundation"  must not be used to
 *    endorse  or promote  products derived  from this  software without  prior
 *    written permission. For written permission, please contact
 *    apache@apache.org.

from the 1.1 license?

I'm not sure whether "Ant" could be considered a trademark - I have no
idea what would be involved in establishing an "unregistered
trademark" under US law - and thus would be covered by section 6 of
the 2.0 license.

Stefan