ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:24:47 GMT
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Antoine Lévy-Lambert <antoine@apache.org> wrote:

> I do not know if we will make some further releases of ant 1.6. My
> guess is that there might be from time to time the need for a
> release due to "environmental factors", ...

[SNIP]

Or just a very bad bug.

> In any case I am starting to think about ant 1.7 and further.

Which is a bit premature IMHO, but maybe we'll come to shorter release
cycles, who knows. 8-)

> 1) local properties,

Basically needs a recap of the last discussion and a decision AFAIU.

> 4) think about virtual file system abstractions, and do something
> about them,

You know that I'm very - and I mean very - reluctant to adding any
external dependencies to Ant's core.

> I have the feeling that it might be better to use xml-forrest (like
> an increasing number of Apache Projects) for our static xdocs and
> for our manual, rather than anakia for the static xdocs and dvsl for
> the manual.

I'm on the fence here.  As long as the output renders in the browsers
we want to support, which includes (e)links, and the site can be
generated in finite time I'm fine with it.

My personal pet features that are quite high on my TODO list:

* DynamicConfiguratorNS

* task input/output features - I really need to write down the
  proposal.  Basically[1].

* unification of our File collection types in some way so that they
  can be used interchangeably without adding FileList and DirSet to each
  and every task.

Stefan

Footnotes:
[1]  http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/stories/10636/