ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:30:19 GMT
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> is it currently possible to use a type as its own class if
> available, then adapt if possible instead?

I'm not sure I follow you here.  My guess is that the answer is no,
could be yes, though.  8-)

> One of the first things I had considered this might imply, and
> perhaps fairly convenient to implement, is pluggable FileUtils
> implementations.  Since a FileUtils object is obtained by a static
> call, this might not be too bad.  Does anyone have any ideas on
> nice, clean ways an antlib might plug into something like this?

Depends on how you want to go with it.  It sounds as if you wanted the
antlib to influence all other tasks, even those belonging to a
different antlib, this sounds dangerous.

> Or, an antlib could register its own tasks to override the default
> tasks (is that possible today?).

You can replace tasks with your own, yes.  I'm not sure whether you
can do so for any namespace, but at least for the core namespace you
can.

commons-vfs

> already done it, but it also becomes a dependency,
> most likely, and a sandbox dependency at that...

and to top it, one where development seems to have stopped right now.

Stefan