ant-dev mailing list archives

From "news.gmane.org" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc junit-frames.xsl junit-noframes.xsl
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:17:03 GMT
"Peter Reilly" <peter.reilly@corvil.com> wrote in message
news:402353D4.2090900@corvil.com...

> Also are we only supporting xalan for xslt processing ?

junit xsls are a bit different, it is not related to the the style/xslt task
here.

They require xalan since day 1 because of multiple output (use of the
'redirect' feature) while saxon use xsl:document in 6.5 (xslt 1.1) and
xsl:result-document in 7.x (xslt 2.0). Xalan afaik does only implement xslt
1.0 and thus there is no 'output' facility but the extension.

I could have coded everything to the XSLT 1.1 or 2.0 specs but it kicks
Xalan immediately. I felt for some reason necessary to include Xalan not
only because it is part of JDK 1.4 but because I think we are supposed to
eat our own food. If performance is an issue for someone, the change is
relatively trivial for anyone to use Saxon.

Stephane