ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Microsoft XML scripting patent
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:45:38 GMT
I went are read the sumary of the patent
from the links provided.
Not a layer, but I do not think it applies to ANT
maybe to scriptdef, but that seemed like a streach.

What I understood is that they pattented having
a bunch of different scripts in different languages
all sitting on the same file separated by XML tags
and being able to call each separate script in the
collection from a menu.

So, it sound not like a pattent on scripting, but on
how to store collections of scripts in one file and being
able to execute them.

Any pattent layer around?

Jose Alberto

http://news.com.com/2100-7345-5158432.html

... but does anyone else think this poses a problem for Ant?

Jon