ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant build.xml
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:50:58 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
> > I did not remove the dependency...
> > There was a change last week (409) to make target test depend
> > on target
> > run-single-test.
> >
> > I assume this was to allow:
> > ant test -Dtestcase=....
>
> Yep:
>   ant test                 --> ant run-tests        --> use all testcases
>   ant test -Dtestcase=...  --> ant run-single-test  --> use only the
> specified testcase
>
> So it´s easier to test what you´re working on :)

That's what I've been doing for ages in my projects, with a single test
target, and a testcases property. You can thus run all tests (use the
default testcases value of **/test/*Test.class), or a single test
(testcases=com/acme/test/MyTest.class) or an group of related tests
(testcases=com/acme/selectors/test/*Test.class).

Maybe it doesn't apply to Ant, which the optional dependencies and all, but
it works quite well in most projects. --DD