ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject Moving to Ant 1.6.1 => UnknownElements galor!
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:10:28 GMT
Ant Developers,

I just did a quick Ant 1.5.4 -> 1.6.1 library switch. Ran our own
Ant task test suites and got lots of fireworks mostly caused
by the "mysterious" mapping of many of our task objects to the
"UnknownElement". Needless to say our task containers do not
recognize unknown elements and promptly die.

Upgrading is my job for tomorrow. Sooo I'm wondering if there's
an easy explanation for this or...I'm looking at hours of crawling
through the Ant 1.6.1 source x-|

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. I've not seen anything
on the Ant 1.6 developers list about this (i don't think).

Here's a typical stack trace (FYI). The task to be added is an
unknownElement eventhough the XML seez it's one of my taskdefs.

Thread [main] (Suspended (breakpoint at line 393 in SwitchTask))
         SwitchTask.includeTask(Task) line: 393 <<-- incoming UnknownElement
         SwitchTask(TaskSet).addTask(Task) line: 183
         SwitchTask.addTask(Task) line: 423
         UnknownElement.handleChildren(Object, RuntimeConfigurable) line: 329
         UnknownElement.configure(Object) line: 176
         UnknownElement.maybeConfigure() line: 152
         UnknownElement(Task).perform() line: 363
         Target.execute() line: 301
         Target.performTasks() line: 328
         Project.executeTarget(String) line: 1215
         SwitchTaskTest(BuildFileTest).executeTarget(String) line: 232
         SwitchTaskTest(HTC).runTarget(String) line: 956
         SwitchTaskTest.testDefaultAlwaysMatches() line: 153
         Method.invoke(Object, Object[]) line: not available [native method]
         SwitchTaskTest(TestCase).runTest() line: 154
         SwitchTaskTest(HTC).runBare() line: 398
         TestResult$1.protect() line: 106
         TestResult.runProtected(Test, Protectable) line: 124
         TestResult.run(TestCase) line: 109
         SwitchTaskTest(TestCase).run(TestResult) line: 118
         RemoteTestRunner.runTests(String[], String) line: 392
         RemoteTestRunner.run() line: 276
         RemoteTestRunner.main(String[]) line: 167

The Wabbit