ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/types filelist.xml
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:46:54 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have added a nested file element to filelist,
> used as follows:
>
> <filelist dir="${src.dir}">
>   <file name="tasks/a.java"/>
>   <file name="tasks/b.java"/>
>   <file name="This is a file with spaces"/>
> </filelist>
>

> a) Is this change ok?

Yes, it is OK. I do not understand too well the advantage of the
filelist with nested <file/> element
compared to a fileset with nested include elements (or with nested
<filename/> selector arguments). Actually the nested include or filename
can also refer to very specific files,
which also may or may not exist.
Do we have tasks which support filelist(s) and do not support fileset(s) ?

> b) Should it be in ant 1.6.2

+0 - depends on  the answer to the question in a)

> c) Could someone run the unittests on windows please  ;-)

The unit tests pass.
BTW ModifiedSelectorTest again failed under cygwin when started with
./build.sh -D"test.haltonfailure=no" test
I saw this :
    [junit] Testcase:
testScenarioCustomSelectorSettings(org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.ModifiedSelectorTest):

Caused an ERROR
    [junit] C:\dev\asf\ant.head\src\etc\testcases\types\bootstrap\lib
not found.
    [junit]
C:\dev\asf\ant.head\src\etc\testcases\types\selectors.xml:132: