ant-dev mailing list archives

From Gus Heck <gus-ant...@cognition.olin.edu>
Subject Re: <macro> and XML NS hell ;-)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 18:45:18 GMT

> re given to the elements in the calling macro.
>
> In ant 1.6.0+, the namespace of elements discovered by reflection take
> the namespace uri of type/task that contains the element (Note this is
> the
> uri and not the localname).
>
> The enclosed patch will allow the namespace of nested elements to be
> either the ant uri or the namespace of the containing type/task.

I am quite possibly confused but I thought xml namespaces required that
the namespace be

1. The namespace indicated by the specified prefix

2. If there is no prefix, then the current default namespace must be
used. (defined on some containing element, be it the top element or some
other containing element with an xmlns="some uri").

If an unprefixed element is taking on a namespace not declared with
xmlns="some uri" (which is different from xmlns:foo="some uri") aren't
we blowing it in implementing namespaces correctly?

-Gus