ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Authors tag
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:48:59 GMT
Jack J. Woehr wrote:

>>>When's the IPO?
>>
>>What means IPO?
>

> Initial Public Offering when a private entity becomes a public corporation.
> I was teasing you all about the increasing legalism pervading Apache.
> It's already got Theo de Raadt swearing he's going to pull Apache
> out of the OpenBSD source tree.

I think maybe the SCO lawsuit is making people a bit nervous.

All the same, I quite like the author tags, because they let you know
who to ask when you dont understand something you are maintaining. I do
nowadays leave my email address of those same tags to avoid fielding
such queries without requiring the caller to do some research, but I
leave it in there.