ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack J. Woehr" <>
Subject Re: Authors tag
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:03:32 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

> Just noticed this in "ASF Board Summary for February 18, 2004"
>   - author tags are officially discouraged. these create difficulties in
>     establishing the proper ownership and the protection of our
>     committers. there are other social issues dealing with collaborative
>     development, but the Board is concerned about the legal ramifications
>     around the use of author tags
>   - it is quite acceptable and encouraged to recognize developers' efforts
>     in a CHANGES file, or some other descriptive file which is associated
>     with the overall PMC or release rather than individual files.
> Peter

When's the IPO?

Jack J. Woehr      # We have gone from the horse and buggy
Senior Consultant  # to the moon rocket in one lifetime, but
Purematrix, Inc.   # there has not been a corresponding moral # growth in mankind. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message