ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject re: auto download of antlibs
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:16:12 GMT
In an earlier message Steve Loughran <steve_loughran () hpl ! hp ! com>
<?a=107476724500001&r=1&w=2> said

 > OK, now that Ant1.6 has antlibs, it is time to think of the next
step: auto download of antlibs and (perhaps) dependencies.

Importer from Krysalis does exactly this. It downloads, caches and
imports build.xml files that I call antlets.

Some initial documentation is available at
http://krysalis.org/cgi-bin/krywiki.pl?Importer

This allows ant files to be a small as this.

- <#> <project name="ruper" default="all">
      <description>Depot Ruper is a Repository Updater</description>
      <typedef resource="org/krysalis/centipede2/ant/antlib.xml" />
      <property name="project.name" value="ruper" />
      <property name="project.version" value="0.1-dev" />
      <property name="project.src.dir" value="src/java/core" />
<#>
      <importer name="init-0.1"
href="http://metamorphosis.krysalis.org/antlet/" />
      <importer name="java-0.1"
href="http://metamorphosis.krysalis.org/antlet/" />
- <#>     <path id="ruper.classpath">
- <#>         <fileset dir="lib">
              <include name="*.jar" />
      </fileset>
  </path>
      <target name="all" depends="compile" />
</project>

This will give you all the following targets.  compile, dist, clean,  etc.

The source for the antlets are at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/metamorphosis/antlets/

I have a krysalis-importer-0.5-alpha.jar  ready to go but Source Forge
was down last night, so I won't be able to post until tonight.

Importer is a complete rewrite from the experience gained in the
centipede project.
It is a small target ZERO dependencies ant task.
Importer is the my take at the simplest thing that would work.  More
needs to be added.  I hope to get the depot ruper stuff integrated to
handle mirrors and versioning.

R,
Nick