ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: License updates needed
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:20:30 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:

>>From: Antoine Lévy-Lambert [mailto:antoine@antbuild.com]
>>original :
>>Copyright (c) 1999 2001-2002 The Apache Software Foundation
>>
>>output :
>>Copyright 1999-2004 The Apache Software Foundation
>>

>But Antoine, I've asked recently about this on the Ant list,
>and was told one should list only the years the file actually
>changed, so the ouput should be:
>
>Copyright 1999 2001-2002 2004 The Apache Software Foundation
>
>Or the 'rule' just changed since I last asked a few weeks ago?
>
>--DD

Hi Dominique,

I also read a posting by Conor McNeill concerning this.

In the cvs log of src/org/apache/tools/ant/Location.java, I read this
log message of Stefan  :

License police on documentation files:

(1) Make sure all years in which a file has been modified are
listed.

(2) Make sure the format is consistent, i.e. separate consecutive
years with a dash, not a comma.

Let's see if I can retain the different copyright years for the 21 java
source files which have more than 2 copyright years.

Cheers,

Antoine