ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <>
Subject optional jars
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:25:06 GMT
Can someone please clarify the optional jar requirement for ant >= 1.6?  The
manual says in one place that you must build ant with the library
dependencies present, and in another place (Installing ant-Optional Tasks) it
states that you can simply drop the dependency jar into ant's lib directory
(making no mention of building).  I know building was required pre 1.6 but
I'm not sure what the status is post 1.6.  There's a guy asking this question
now on the user's list in regard to the FTP task and I don't want to steer
him wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message