ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/OptionalTasks dotnet.html
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:04:55 GMT
--- Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:
> So, the change I made to become "an ugly practise"
> appears incorrect to me but
> is correct to someone from the US.

I hate to revive this subject, but actually US English
is worse than all that.  "Correct" (you'll use them if
you don't want your hand slapped with a ruler) US
spellings include both "practice" (n/v) and "license"
(n/v).  So as you can see, we do not believe in such
things as rhyme or reason and the spellings we accept
as correct were at some point in the past chosen
apparently at the whim of...somebody.

-Matt