ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Adam Jack" <aj...@TrySybase.com>
Subject Re: License updates needed
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2004 13:58:52 GMT
> I have changed the script relicense/relicense.py so that the *first*
> original copyright year is retained.
> The last year will always be 2004 (or 2005 if someone runs the script
> next year, ...)
>
> example
> original :
> Copyright (c) 1999 2001-2002 The Apache Software Foundation
>
> output :
> Copyright 1999-2004 The Apache Software Foundation
>

> As you mentioned in your previous email, this script handles currently
> only java files.

Thanks, I couldn't get in to CVS last night, but I wrote some similar regexp
code (only to less flexible). You beat me to it, and did better. ;-)

When I was tinkering I thought the regexp ought allow the (c) to be optional
(I had [cC] for case insensitive, but who knows), and allow multiple spaces,
and allow a date range e.g. 2000-2003.
    Copyright\s+(\(c\)\s)?(\d\d\d\d(\s?-\s?\d\d\d\d))

I can't test this, this morning, so I won't check it in -- just post it
here. The trouble with the optional (c) is that the group number for the
date range could vary, I believe.

Thanks for working on this.

regards,

Adam