ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject New Launcher and JPackage RPMs
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:19:58 GMT
Hi,

today I found myself discussing with the JPackage folks on their list
about the problems the RPM setup has with the new Launcher.

They put all the installed jars into a single directory and let config
files put together the classpath before they invoke Ant IIUC.

So far we've told people that the new Launcher would pull in all jars
from ANT_HOME/lib (and in addition from ~/.ant/lib, but we didn't say
that very loud) - but this is not true.  It pulls in all jars from the
directory containing ant-launcher.jar, no matter where it is.

In stock installs this is the same, but not in the RPM installation
where this behavior pulls in the whole Java universe.

I'm not convinced that we need to adjust anything, but it is an
interesting thing to note.

Stefan