ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: a comment about xml namespace
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:41:37 GMT
On Fri, 02 Jan 2004, Gus Heck <gus@cognition.olin.edu> wrote:

> 1. There should be a name space URI that ant uses to identify it's
> internal core components...

antlib:org.apache.tools.ant

> 2. The name space URI that a given antlib declares to identify it's
> components and is associated with user specified prefix.We probably
> should require these URI's to use the antlib:// scheme so that they
> are easily identified as xml elements that we do need to pay
> attention to.

Nit picking, our URI is opaque not hierarchical so there is no //
after the colon 8-)

I disagree that we should force any rules on the URI.  The antlib URI
space is used to auto-locate descriptors only.  If the only goal is
that we can have XML content that doesn't get parsed by Ant, we should
rather ignore namespaces that are not typedefed.

Stefan