ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Olving" <>
Subject RE: Default setting of the javac includeAntRuntime attribute?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:56:38 GMT
> There are lots of things that are inconsistent & due to backwards
> compatibility. No, we dont want to change them.

Fair enough, I can relate to that. And as Mr Fernandez points out, there may be a better solution
anyway in this particular case.

> do you want to field
> every bug report that comes in saying we broke their build?

Touchy, aren't we?

No, not particularly. Sometimes though, some things may hurt enough that backward compatibility
is sacrificed, which I just wanted to hear some opinions on, with, I hope, a courteous and
simple query. I'm sorry if I offended you.

Thank you anyway,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message