ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: text support for macrodef
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:43:00 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
> >attributes like 'trim', 'optional', or why not 'normalize', etc... --DD
> >
> Ok done "trim" and "optional". What would "normalize" do ?

Thanks Peter. I was just throwing 'normalize' out there. I'm no XML guru,
but I thought there was special optional text processing that could be
enabled depending whether an element is declared in a DTD or Schema.
I vaguely remember it would replace all whitespace chars, including
new lines, with a single space char. I had this kind of normalization
in mind.

My point was more about being able to cleanly add such attributes in
the future by having a <text> element rather than a textname attribute.

Cheers, --DD