ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: Changes to launcher and wrapper script for RPM packagers
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2004 17:03:00 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig []
> (2) Modify the Lanucher to use the directory pointed to by the system
> property ant.lib instead of the parent directory of ant-launcher.jar
> if it has been set.  The modified wrapper would set the property to
> the (empty in RPM installations) ANT_HOME/lib explicitly.

Java itself uses the java.something.dirs convention for a traditional
path of directories (java.ext.dirs, java.endorsed.dirs), so I would
suggest using ant.library.dirs or ant.lib.dirs instead of just ant.lib.
(as opposed to a classpath, that uses java.something.path).

I think it's more consistent myself, but otherwise I don't have a
strong opinion against ant.lib ;-) --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message