ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks macrodef.html
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 17:53:35 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
>
> description attributes are allowed on tasks and targets, so it is a
> logical
> extension to have them for the nested elements - esp for macrodef
> attributes/elements.
> Peter

I didn't dispute that, just the fact that it's often not practical
to put long descriptions in an XML attributes. I was proposing to
allow an alternate way to provide description which is more compatible
with writing detailed descriptions. I would actually like such an
alternate mechanism to also be available for tasks and targets...

Oh well, never mind! --DD