ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: ant xdocs proposals
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:12:46 GMT
On Jan 14, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
> The advantage of generating the xdocs from build/classes is that it
> makes the development cycle a bit shorter.
> For instance, if you add a new task in your development workspace,
> then you can generate the xdocs as soon as you have compiled the
> class,
> (and probably added it to defaults.properties) without waiting for
> this class to be in your ant installation.
>
> I stumbled against this because I have an installed ant 1.6.0 version,
> and it would not generate the xdocs for the Classloader and the Nice
> tasks which are 1.7alpha specific tasks.
> I was first wondering whether it was due to some bug in xdoclet, I
> even downloaded the sources and was already dreaming :-(  of debugging
> ant + xdoclet to find out why I had ClassNotFoundException s
> when processing Classloader and Nice.

This is really only a hairy issue for processing Ant code itself.  In a
general purpose sense for others using this xdocs stuff (like Steve
does with Axis tasks, I believe) is only that the .java processed needs
to have been compiled first and in the classpath (which is used for the
IntrospectionHelper magic).

	Erik