ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <>
Subject Core classloader (1.7)
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:40:57 GMT

Hi, I was looking at how to better reuse the classloaders
(as part of the fixes for JAXPUtils).

In the process I noticed that Project.createClassLoader(Path)
does not set Project.getCoreLoader() as the parent of the classloader
being created.

Actually, except for and
no task that uses its own classpath for finding code will
set the core loader as the parent for the classloaders.

Most stuff works because AntClassLoader.class.getClassLoader() is
usually the same as the initial Project.getCoreLoader().
But you may have extrange behavior in some complex IDE situations.

Any comments, reasons why the code is the way it is?

Jose Alberto

View raw message