ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: New Launcher and JPackage RPMs
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 14:02:43 GMT
> From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:conor@cortexebusiness.com.au]
>

> > I think that the code for getCoreLoader() and the new 1.6
> classloader
> > code were two separate code paths that did not complete for 1.6.
> >

> the CoreLoader is an older attempt to setup Core loaders and
> was never really
> progressed. It is pure legacy and is not effectively used. It
> predates 1.4, I
> think.

I see, maybe we should try to get rid of it. BTW there are a couple of
tasks that actually use it (and construct their own classloader with it
as the parent). We may need to take a look at this issue.
The symptom of code using the bootclassloader is the result of
AntClassLoader using AntClassLoader.class.getClassLoader() as the parent
instead of using getProject().getCoreLoader() or something of to the
same effect.

We are assuming that whichever classloader loaded AntClassLoader has
access to all the ANT core, and that may not be always the case, mostly
when in an IDE environement.

Jose Alberto