ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: New Launcher and JPackage RPMs
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:01:17 GMT
> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peter.reilly@corvil.com]
>

> No, the optimization is that if the <typedef/> does not define a
> classpath, a cached classloader is used. This
> cached classloader gets set once (the first call).
>
> Jose's more general caching solution souds more promising.

Peter, I could not work on this during the weekend, but will try to post
it
tonight. Some additional questions I have (for improvements):

1) It seems that we want a static cache, instead of per project.
I can do this, but I am a little concern with IDEs keeping classes
longer than we want. An alternative is to pass the parent cache
to <antcall/> subproject (or a clone of it). Just like we do with
some other system-like properties. Suggestions.

2) Looking at the code for createClassLoader(Path), as I mentioned
before,
we never seemto pass getCoreLoader() as the parent of the classloaders
being created, if we were, we would be reusing the parent all the time
and maybe gaining some savings. Is this kind of a very scarry change to
do?
Some of the complaints about the bootclassloader being used, may be
fixed by
doing such a change.

3) Since we do not need to support JDK1.1 anymore, can we get rid of the
1.1 specific reflexion magic in createClassLoader() and use an
AntClassLoader2 directly? Opinions?

I think I can incorporate some of your input in this regard quite
easily.
So let me know what you think is best.

Jose Alberto