ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks macrodef.html
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 19:01:45 GMT
Peter,

An additional enhacement that would be very very nice,
is to allow having a body-element. So I can write
something like this:

  <macrodef name="x" body="y">
    <sequential>
      <javac ...>
       <y/>
      </javac>
    </sequential>
  </macrodef>

And use it like:

 <x>
  <fileset..../>
  <classpath .../>
 </x>

instead of

 <x>
  <y>
   <fileset..../>
   <classpath .../>
  </y>
 </x>

For many macros, those that wrap some group of tasks
for example, it looks very odd to have to have an element
that covers all the tasks inside.

How dificult would be to achieve that?

Jose Alberto