ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Default setting of the javac includeAntRuntime attribute?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 17:27:04 GMT
> From: Steve Loughran [mailto:steve_l@iseran.com]
>

> Like Erik said; put a custom Ant distro in SCM for the team
> to use. If
> you give it a different name e.g. 'WANT' and modify the batch/script
> files to look for WANT_HOME it will coexist with any other
> ant distros.
> this lets you lock down much more what everyone is working with, and
> lets you add needed libraries to the build without forcing
> everyone to
> manually add them.

Just to add to the pile, in my group we have ANT under source control.
Every version of every library needed is there as well.

We just have a "build" command that makes sure the correct version
of ANT is called with the correct arguments. The ANT distribution
itself is unmodified. Just the "build" script set things up the way we
wanted.

Hope this helps,

Jose Alberto