ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: Default setting of the javac includeAntRuntime attribute?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 11:15:33 GMT
> From: Kenneth Olving [mailto:Kenneth.Olving@frameworx.com]
>
> Maybe I'm just hitting on a long and already closed
> discussion...I apologize if that's the case.
>
> The default setting of 'true' for this attribute has always
> bothered me - from a CM perspective it is a bit of a
> nightmare when you get things in your cp that you didn't
> intend to be there.

You are right, the issue here is most probably backward compatibility.
backward compatibility translates to
"every bad choice ever taken will hunt you forever" :-(

On a more cheerfully note, take a look at: <presetdef/> (in 1.6)
With this task you can define your own defaults for whichever
task you want to use and even use the same name as the original
IIRC.

This may be the solution to the battle of the defaults.

Jose Alberto