ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: BeanShellDef - java.lang.LinkageError: duplicate class definition: AList
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:23:39 GMT
Michael Sunde wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can't wait to see beanshelldef or something equivalent in a new version of ant. How about
this for a task name:
>- inlinetypedef
>- scripttypedef

All are good, scripttypedef may however get confused with scriptdef.
reflectdef was meant to mean
that java reflection was going to be used to find attributes and nested
elements so that for example
current jython could not be used.

>or maybe merge the functionality into typedef.

No, the task would be an optional task (dependant on BSF).

>Looking at your example of reflectdef, the only thing I don't like is the line:
>	hello.class;
>I prefer how it is done in beanshelldef with the classname attribute. That is just my
$0.02,so do what you think is best.

The reason for this is that the beanshelldef was able to run a bit of
beanshell code to get the class object. reflectdef is
meant to independent of the language used.
One can use a macrodef to "hide" this:

    <macrodef name="beanshelldef">
      <attribute name="name"/>
      <text name="text"/>
      <sequential>
        <reflectdef
          name="@{name}" language="beanshell" exec="@{name}.class;">
          @{text}
        </reflectdef>
      </sequential>
    </macrodef>

    <beanshelldef name="hello">
      package mybeanshelltasks;
      import org.apache.tools.ant.Task;
      public class hello extends Task {
          public void execute() {
             log("Hello world");
          }
      }
    </beanshelldef>

    <hello/>

>For now, I managed to modify beanshelldef to work around the antcall problem. See the
attachment.

Pretty neat, but won't work for the general language case. - It may be
possible to use a different classloader
for each definition or use textual comparision for override  checking.

>Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing future versions of ant.

Cheers,
Peter