ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: New Launcher and JPackage RPMs
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 15:31:56 GMT
Peter Reilly wrote:

> Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:
>
>> I am +1 to get this into ant 1.6.1.
>

> (in relation to static map of jarfile->manifest class path in
> AntClassLoader2).
>
> Ok I will commit that.
>
> Another optimization I tried was a quick hack to DefBase to have a
> static field containing the default classloader, so it
> gets set once.  This did speed up the typedef the second and
> subsequent times and reduced the
> time for the test to 1.6 second (from 3 and thus below the 1.5.4 times
> (2 second) when using the crimson xml parser).

Sounds useful.

> However it is a complete hack, and does not deal with non-default
> classpaths  like:
> <typedef classpath="${antlib.jar}"
> resource="net/sf/antcontrib/antcontrib.properties"/>

Do you mean : your change is bringing an optimization for taskdefs which
are done based on jars which have already been loaded by the launcher,
presumably because they are in $ANT_HOME/lib or in a -lib directory  ?
And not if the taskdef is requiring extra jars or directories which were
not included when ant got started ?

Cheers,

Antoine