ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject Re: How about distributing an ant-jsch.jar for Ant 1.5.x?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:39:07 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Rob Anderson, the initial author of the SSH tasks in 1.6 has looked
>into what is needed to create a jar that allows the SSH tasks to be
>used with Ant 1.5.[1]
>
>It may be a good idea to put together a small jar with the required
>classes from 1.6 and distribute it for people who are stuck with Ant
>1.5 (because they use an IDE that's not that easy to upgrade for
>example).
>
>What do you think?
>
>Stefan
>
>Footnotes:
>[1]  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=107410755020702&w=2

This is fine with me.

Do we want to bring the ssh code and the TeeOutputStream class into the
ant 1.5 branch
so that if there is any maintainance to do there and that the HEAD
branch cannot be used any more for ant 1.5
we are not stuck.

I would then add the creation of the ant-jsch.jar in the build of ant 1.5

Cheers,

Antoine