ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Lévy-Lambert <anto...@antbuild.com>
Subject ant xdocs proposals
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 22:43:06 GMT
Hi,

I am currently working in dev on ant xdocs proposal (quite silent work
actually, I only did one or 2 commits in December).
I have noticed that ant xdocs proposals is failing on most gump
instances, but it should be possible to make it work.
Normally the jar files which should be used for this build are checked
in in the ant repository under proposal/xdocs/lib.
If you do not want to run proposal/xdocs using checked in jars for the
xdoclet functionality because you want to run it against the latest good
version of xdoclet, should be fair enough.

This one http://nagoya.apache.org/~rubys/gump/ant-xdocs-proposal.html
is complaining about missing prereqs

Missing prereq |/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-20040112.jar| from
xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>
Missing prereq
|/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-apache-module-20040112.jar| from
xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>
Missing prereq
|/tmp/gump/xdoclet/target/lib/xdoclet-bea-module-20040112.jar| from
xdoclet <http://nagoya.apache.org/%7Erubys/gump/xdoclet.html>

the jars which are declared missing there are present under other names
under proposal/xdocs/lib in the ant repository

here is what I have got :

  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein        91866 Jan  5  2003
commons-collections-2.0.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein        26388 Jan  5  2003
commons-logging.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein       150795 Apr 30  2003
xdoclet-1.2b3-dev.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein       192570 Apr 30  2003
xdoclet-ejb-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein        39403 Apr 30  2003
xdoclet-web-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein        56298 Apr 30  2003
xdoclet-xdoclet-module-1.2b3-dev.jar
  -rw-r--r--    1 antoine  Kein       230443 Apr 30  2003
xjavadoc-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

other jars listed by gump as prereqs are not really required by
proposal/xdocs

This gump instance http://gump.cocoondev.org/ant-xdocs-proposal.html
consistently complains about the same missing prerequs.

This one http://nagoya.apache.org/~dims/gump/ant/ant-xdocs-proposal.html
is complaining about xom missing =-O  (I do not know xom, not sure
whether it is required by ant xdocs proposals).

So could one of you guys fix the descriptors for ant xdocs proposal or
discuss a way forward to get this built ?

Other ideas/changes will come next :
- generate the xdocs from ant's build/classes directory + lib/optional
(ie what has just been built) rather than based on ${ant.home} (what has
been installed, might be different)
- use anakia to go from xml to html instead of dvsl . It will be more
consistent with the rest of the ant docs, maybe will be helpful to
generate tabs on the top of the page and content frames on the left
looking like what is there in the top level elements of
http://ant.apache.org

Cheers,

Antoine