ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Bug Tracking System
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:52:01 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Disclaimer: I work for Atlassian, the company responsible for Jira.  I've
> had my Apache hat a good deal longer though.

These all seem reasonable comments; I like your honesty about the
limitations. As nobody has stood up and accused the product of being
outright evil (which I will do do ClearQuest and to a lesser extent
ClearCase(*)). I would like a net api so that apps can do stuff like
present their own UI *if needed*.

 >>>[ 1 ] +1 Bugzilla sucks - go to Jira

(*) I dont really view ClearCase as evil. More like a dark and
unforgiving mountain ice route that will destroy you uncaringly if you
get something even slightly wrong. No, it is sourcesafe that it is evil,
primarily though the fact that it gives users the illusion that it
actually keeps your source safe on the sever, when in fact it keeps the
source in a shoe box somewhere on the roof, exposed to the weather and
likely to wash away lines of text in the rain.