ant-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Ant Wiki
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 14:29:23 GMT
Antoine Lévy-Lambert wrote:

> Conor MacNeill wrote:
>
>> The current Apache Wiki is being replaced with a new Wiki. The new
>> Wiki meets some additional ASF requirements that oversight is
>> maintained on the content of the Wiki. AFAIUI, the Wiki is
>> partitioned and changes to the Wiki will be sent somewhere for
>> oversight (as currently CVS changes are mailed to ant-cvs@apache.org).
>>
>> If we want to have a Wiki, I will need to request itr be set up. So,
>> this vote is to confirm whether that is required. (The current Wiki
>> will be going away).
>>
>> So, please vote on this issue
>>
>> [ ] +1 - I want an Ant Wiki
>> [ ] -1  - I don't want a Wiki
>>
>> I'm not sure how configurable the change emails are - IOW, to where
>> they can be sent. I'll investigate with the infrastructure folks but
>> I thought I could solicit some feedback here. The choices as I see it
>> are
>>
>> 1. send to the dev list (either directly such as BugZilla, or to an
>> email alias as is done for CVS).
>>
>> 2. send to the PMC
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I'm not sure what the migration issues will be on the current Ant
>> pages but I should have more info once I contact the infrastructure
>> people.
>>
>> Conor
>>

> It sounds like we are forced to migrate to the new Wiki system anyway ?

No. You are encouraged, but not forced. The infrastructure team would
like all projects to use Apache infrastructure, but will not force it
upon projects.

Same goes for Bugzilla. The Jira system now has per project import
facilities, so projects can migrate if/when they want to.

[Info gleaned from lurking on infrastructure@]

Regards, Upayavira