ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Code Copyright
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:08:27 GMT
Conor MacNeill wrote:
>>Conor, are you still using the Taligent guide as your reference
>>programming guide :)
>>
>>At least upgrade to its successor, that IBM Java framework, whatever its
>>name was.
>>

> What about Pink? No I don't use the book day to day :-).

I was thinking about the San Francisco framework.

I have a collection of old UI design guidelines going back years that I
am fond of, I have

-IBM CUA
-HP NewWave
-Sun OpenSomethingOrOther
-PenPoint
-Win95
-Motif
+ a couple of others I forget. Its good to see the design stuff of the
defunct ones, as there is often good stuff in there you can package up
and present as your own ideas. For example, Suns NeWS windowing model is
now redone in XML and called Longhorn Avalon :)

> I did remember it
> had
> a little styleguide in it. You do realize that parts of the JDK classes
> were written by Taligent (Check out source of Gregorian Calendar).

that does not surprise me. Axis has little problem right now that it
doesnt successfully parse xsd:time objects when the machine running the
unit tests is in GMT TZ (i.e. mine), but it works in the US, in
different time zones...