ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Cohen <sco...@javactivity.org>
Subject Re: ant 1.6.1
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:43:52 GMT
Another issue to consider.  I don't know if it's strictly a 1.6.1 issue or
further down the line but the ant developers should consider it.

I have been working with the jakarta-commons/net project to create a more
capable system, able to detect what system its FTPClient class is connecting
with.   You may remember several complaints over the last couple of months
about our <ftp> task not working on non-unix ftp servers.  The improvements
in commons/net will allow the correct server to be auto-detected in the most
common cases, and in those odd cases where this is not possible, it will be
possible to indicate explicitly which parser is to be used (i.e. in ant, a
new parameter to the task).

Thus it will be possible to rewrite our <ftp> task to solve these long
standing problems.

This version of commons-net (1.2.0) has not yet been released but can probably
be released in less than a week.

It seems from this thread that these changes will come too late for ant 1.6.1.
Please correct me if that's wrong.  Can someone tell me what plans, if any,
are contemplated for ant 1.6.2?

Steve Cohen