ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: bug fixes!! WAS: ant 1.6beta3 released
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 07:47:30 GMT
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Filip Hanik <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:

> 1. SCP - this task hangs on large file transfers,

Does this still happen for beta3?  There have been some bug fixes for
the ssh tasks.

> 2. CVS - the line "cvs add *" doesn't work, I have added in
> <fileset> element to CVS which allows you to add files to the

enhancement request 8-)

> 3. FTP - I have a file parser for Windows FTP servers, modified the
> FTP task to take a parameter for which OS the FTP server is. Even
> better would be if it could auto detect.

I'm not sure, maybe commons-net can already do that?  I'd prefer to
see fixes in that area to go upstreams so that all customers of
commons-net can take advantage of them.

> 4. Main, changed it so that it wouldn't issue a System.exit if a
> flag is passed in,

enhancement request 8-)

> this is necessary for us since we are launching ant embedded and
> don't want to install an additional security manager.

Don't do that.  We've always said that Main is no good entry point to
embed Ant.

> 5. Unzip,unjar currently doesn't work when the file listing is
> "/file.txt" inside the jar.  Even if you give the unjar command a
> destination directory, it tries to save the file in the root
> directory.  I fixed this as well!

Sounds like a one-line fix, right?

Stefan